Welcome From Principal Eichelkraut
Welcome to Palm Bay Academy Middle School
Dear Palm Bay Academy Middle School families,
On behalf of our Middle School staff and the PBA Director, we welcome you to a new school year. This school year brings particular excitement as we have become a “Leader in Me” school.
The Leader in Me process incorporates the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People as its foundation. This process not only prepares your child to be a future leader, it allows them to be leaders in their school in heading different areas that assist our school to effectively run each day. The Leader in Me program also gives them opportunities to prove themselves as inspiring future leaders: academically, behaviorally, and socially.
To learn more about this very effective and research-based proven program, we invite you to visit www.theleaderinme.org website.
Our school is a #1 school. A #1 school includes many areas of responsibilities to itself as a school, to its students, to its staff, and to its families. Some of the characteristics of a #1 school are:
- Implementing excellence as our consistent goal
- Working together each day to become a better learning, caring, and supporting environment
- Ridding its building of bullies and bullying behavior
- Implementing a school-wide academic framework that builds on previous knowledge and bridges future learning
- Fusing literacy (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) into each subject area
- Incorporating different student subject areas in different classroom instruction
- Feeling inspired and promising to do great things for each other every day
- Becoming leaders in using and sharing our talents
- Being responsible to be engaged learners, teachers, and staff
- Celebrating its successes as a school and working through hard times together
- Welcoming and utilizing its parents as engaged stakeholders
- Forming community partnerships with organizations to support and encourage each other’s successes
- Thinking “outside the box” when teaching and learning
- Supplying student and family support services and directing families to outside support services
- Assisting others to become better people
As your new Middle School Principal, I feel extremely honored to be a part of the Palm Bay Academy family and thank you for allowing me to serve you. Please feel free to contact me any time with praises, questions, and concerns at email@example.com or at (321) 726-9005. My door is always open.
Mr. Paul J. Eichelkraut “Mr. E”
PBA Middle School Principal
Meet The Principal, Mr. E
Mr. E is originally from Wisconsin but has administered schools and districts in other states. He holds administrative licenses in Florida, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Georgia, and Louisiana. His background is in curriculum and instruction; school turnaround; and school/district policy, management, and leadership. He is a licensed Superintendent, Director of Instruction, Principal, English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher, and a German instructor. He has taught and has administered at the elementary, middle, high school, and collegiate levels. He has created an organization’s first model school and produced a U.S. state’s first alternative school model. He has a total of 24 years in education.
Mr. E was a state National Education Association (NEA) representative, who served on the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) as a Collegiate Board Accreditor. He has also led a district in their successful reaccreditation. When starting his teaching career, he accepted a Fulbright Scholar ESL Teacher assignment in Bad Ischl, Austria. He also served as one of six United States representatives to the 1992 NATO World Peace Conference in Wannsee, Germany. As a firm believer of positivity, his philosophy on education and in life is “Success is not an option. It’s an expectation.”
We Care More!