Music Activity is suspended at this time due to COVID-19.
Every child at Palm Bay Academy receives music instruction once a week for 40 minutes.
3rd, 4th, and 5th graders have the option of participating in after-school strings or chorus.
Lower-Elementary (K-2) performs a musical in May
Upper-Elementary (3-5) performs a musical in December
During this class we cover the following national standards:
National Standards for Music Education
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.