Music Activity is suspended at this time due to COVID-19.
Every child at Palm Bay Academy receives music instruction once a week for 40 minutes.
3rd, 4th, and 5th graders have the option of participating in after-school strings or chorus.
Lower-Elementary (K-2) performs a musical in May
Upper-Elementary (3-5) performs a musical in December
During this class we cover the following national standards:
National Standards for Music Education
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
If you have any questions concerning the music program at Palm Bay Academy please do not hesitate to contact me!
Ms. Pervin Collins